The shortlist for the John Pollard Foundation International Poetry Prize 2020 has been announced today.
This is the second year of the prize, awarded annually for an outstanding debut poetry book collection in the English language. Valued at €10,000, the prize is sponsored by the John Pollard Foundation, and administered by the Trinity Oscar Wilde Centre in the School of English at Trinity College Dublin.
The shortlisted books are:
- Jay Bernard, Surge (Chatto and Windus)
- Mary Jean Chan, Flèche (Faber)
- Isabel Galleymore, Significant Other (Carcanet)
- Michelle Penaloza, Former Possessions of the Spanish Empire (Inlandia Books)
- Stephen Sexton, If all the World and Love were Young (Penguin)
Click here to read more.