The longlist for the 2019 Australian Literature Society (ALS) Gold Medal has been announced.
The longlisted titles are:
- Aqua Spinach (Luke Beesley, Giramondo)
- Beautiful Revolutionary (Laura Elizabeth Woollett, Scribe)
- Blakwork (Alison Whittaker, Magabala)
- click here for what we do (Pam Brown, Vagabond)
- False Claims of Colonial Thieves (Charmaine Papertalk Green & John Kinsella, Magabala)
- Flames (Robbie Arnott, Text)
- Newcastle Sonnets (Keri Glastonbury, Giramondo)
- Pink Mountain on Locust Island (Jamie Marina Lau, Brow Books)
- The Children’s House (Alice Nelson, Vintage)
- The Death of Noah Glass (Gail Jones, Text)
- The Everlasting Sunday (Robert Lukins, UQP)
- Zanzibar Light (Philip Mead, Vagabond).
The ALS Gold Medal is presented annually by the Association for the Study of Australian Literature (ASAL) for a ‘work of outstanding literary merit’ published in the previous calendar year. Last year’s winner was Shastra Deo for her poetry collection The Agonist (UQP).
Click here to find out more.