The Australian Publishers Association is excited to announce the longlist for the 2019 Australian Book Industry Awards (ABIAs). The longlist introduces the titles, publishers and authors in contention for a coveted 2019 ABIA.
Voted for by the ABIA Academy — a group of more than 250 publishers, booksellers, agents, media and industry representatives — have selected books published in 2018 across 12 categories.
The ABIAs showcase the collaborative efforts of publishers, editors, illustrators, marketers, designers, and authors in bringing quality books to Australian and international markets.
A shortlist will be released on Thursday April 11, with the winners announced at the publishing industry’s night of nights on Thursday 2 May. The red carpet event will be held at Sydney’s International Convention Centre and hosted by writer, musician and radio broadcaster, Casey Bennetto.
- Boy Swallows Universe, Trent Dalton (HarperCollins Publishers, Fourth Estate)
- Bridge of Clay, Markus Zusak (Pan Macmillan Australia, Picador Australia)
- In the Garden of the Fugitives, Ceridwen Dovey (Penguin Random House Australia, Hamish Hamilton)
- Shell, Kristina Olsson (Simon & Schuster Australia, Scribner Australia)
- The Children’s House, Alice Nelson (Penguin Random House Australia, Vintage Australia)
- The Shepherd’s Hut, Tim Winton (Penguin Random House Australia, Hamish Hamilton)
- Too Much Lip, Melissa Lucashenko (The University of Queensland Press, UQP)
- Wintering, Krissy Kneen (Text Publishing, Text Publishing)
Click here for more information.